Analysis of Bellotti, in which the Supreme Court held that could not be barred from spending money to influence referendums because of their right to political speech
- Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc. v. SEC: Disclosure of Environmental Information under the Securities Acts and NEPA--The Merits and Judicial Review
- Board of Education, Levittown Union Free School District v. NYQUIST: A Return to Federal Equal Protection In School Financing Cases
- State Regulation of Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities Siting: A Case for Federal Preemption
- First National Bank of Boston v. Bellotti: Corporate Political Speech In Ballot-Measure Campaigns
- Toker v. Pollak: The Applicability of Absolute Privilege In Defamation Cases
- Determinism and the Drug Addiction Defense to Criminal Prosecution
- Obstructionist Activities At Abortion Clinics: A Framework for Remedial Litigation
- New Jersey Education Association v. Burke: Res Judicata, the Younger Doctrine, and the Captive State Litigant
In Depth Reading
Volume 8 Issue 1
Reflection of fundamental limitations of the public interest lawyering movement.
Considers the legality of the Betamax (TV recorder) and other home recorders under copyright law and suggests need for legislative solutions.
Analyzes NRDC v. SEC II, a case addressing the SEC's refusal to promulgate environmental disclosure regulations, based on merits and standard of review
Volume 8 Issue 2
In a democracy, it is imperative that all new and unconventional ideas, no matter how offensive, be heard or read.
Overview of presentaiton at a colloquium, focusing changing attitudes we hold twoards men, women and violence by changing images that reinforce the attitudes
Freedom of speech and freedom of press are myths and pornography is used to suit the private purposes of corporate interests that control mass media.
The "taken as a whole" standard must be applied in determining whether or not a thing is obscene.
Volume 8 Issue 3
Discussion of common law protections that guard against obstruction activity aimed at suppressing one's constitutional right to obtain an abortion
Examination of procedural and strategic aspects of gay rights and sexual-freedom litigation
Proposal of an alternative moral theory that enables courts to recognize a drug addiction defense
Examination of a case applying a judicial/quasi-judicial test to assertion of absolute privilege in defamation case; proposal of alternatives