Transcript of a panel discussion on remedies for the defects in the election law scheme.
- Response to Remedies for Private Intelligence Abuses: Legal and Ideological Barriers
- Discussion on State Action and the Constitutional Accountability of Private Utilities
- Discussion on Nuclear Power, Rapid Technological Advancement, and Democratic Values
- Discussion: The Civil Liberties Implications of Nuclear Power Development
- Proving Intentional Discrimination in Equal Protection Cases: The Growing Burden of Proof in the Supreme Court
- Conserving Natural Resources: Toward a Comprehensive State Solid Waste Recycling Program under the Federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Socially Responsible Investment of Public Pension Funds: The South Africa Issue and State Law
- Privacy of Inquiry and the First Amendment: Towards a Testimonial Privilege for Information Gathering
In Depth Reading
Volume 10 Issue 1
Comments supportive of money in campaigns and against the regulation of campaign finance.
Presentation of policy questions and constitutional concerns related to reforming the primary system in presidential elections.
A discussion of issues affecting the primary system, including state variation and media influence, and a presentation of methods for reform.
Volume 10 Issue 2
Paper on the rapid technological advancement, growth of multinational corporations, and the consequences of these on democracy given nuclear energy.
Panel Discussion on Harold Relyea's article Information, Secrecy, and Atomic Energy.
Audience discussion on Part I of The Civil Liberties Implications of Nuclear Power Development Symposium.
Discussion on Nuclear Power, Rapid Technological Advancement, and Democratic Values.
Volume 10 Issue 3
Analysis of granting testimonial privilege to professional journalists as opposed to the general public; preserving a robust press.
Proposal of a framework with which to analyze state models on natural resources conservation and waste reduction/recycling programs using Pareto optimality.
Shifting Supreme Court jurisprudence requiring heightened standards for proving intentional discrimination; resulting curtailment in challenges to unfair laws.
Socially responsible investment of state-run pension funds; legal issues, effectiveness and financial consequences of restricting South African investment.