Analysis of Title VII sex-based wage discrimination claims in the wake of a district court's decision in AFSCME v. State of Wash.
Argues for system of parental leave, as well as child care services; supports expansion of types of needs caregivers may serve and which caregivers are eligible
Examination of Kremer v. Chem. Constr. Corp. and its impact on Title VII discrimination claims; argues that it's inconsistent with Title VII enforcement scheme
Assessment of the successes and failures of affirmative action programs after the passage of the Civil Rights Act; proposes a model for the future
Analysis of Reagan-era shifts in anti-discrimination policy, as well as the political climate for anti-discrimination efforts.
Defense of the "equal treatment"—as opposed to the "special treatment"—approach to Title VII sex discrimination in employment cases involving pregnancy.
Discussion of social segregation and economic inequality in employment, including current political and sociological obstacles to achieving equality
Introduction to colloquium on employment discrimination in the 1980s, discussion of past progress and current issues of social and racial segregation
Discussion of shift of employment discrimination claims to state court in light of Supreme Court's unwillingness to take expansionist approach to federal law
Other Issues in this Volume
- The Japanese American Coram Nobis Cases: Exposing the Myth of Disloyalty
- Lawyers, Law and Social Change
- Griswold Revisited in Light of Uplinger: An Historical and Philosophical Exposition of Implied Autonomy Rights in the Constitution
- Employer Liability for Coworker Sexual Harassment under Title VII
- Book Review
- Normaive Judgment, Social Change, and Legal Reasoning in the Context of Abortion and Privacy
- Is there Life after Abandonment--The Key Role of New York City's in Rem Housing in Establishing an Entitlement to Decent, Affordable Housing
- Economics and Rent Regulation: A Call for a New Perspective