In The Past and Future of Affirmative Action, Ronald Turner strives to describe and explain the law without joining in the debate over the moral and political justifications of affirmative action. His goal is to explain in detail how the
Since 1976 have been working with the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and various allied organizations. These groups work to advance the interests of low and moderate income people, which certainly implies significant social change. ACORN is
Explores the impact of Cruzan in New York especially when it comes to incompetent patients being forcibly given treatment that does not benefit them.
Examines the role of the legislature in shaping health care legislations with reference to the Patient Self Determination Act. Also examines the court's role.
Discusses the problem of Casey and the confusion and ambiguity it has caused and argues against the revival of pre-Casey criminal abortion statutes.
Article about geriatric patients in pschiatric institutions being detained illegally. Examines the kind of medicines administered to them as well.
Other Issues in this Volume
- Much Ado about Nothing: NLRB Regulation of Union Affiliation Elections
- A Deconstruction of (M)otherhood and a Reconstruction of Parenthood
- Off the Pedestal and into the Arena: Toward Including Women in Experimental Protocols
- Choosing the Insidious Path: West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. v. Casey and the Importance of Experts in Civil Rights Litigation
- Systemic Deterrence against Prospective Asylum Seekers: A Study of the South Texas Immigration District
- Individualizing Back Pay Relief in Title VII Class Actions
- Gestational Surrogacy: Unsettling State Parentage Law and Surrogacy Policy
- Sentencing Enhancements under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines: Punishment without Proof
- An Alternative to Privacy: The First Amendment Right of Intimate Association
- Organization Life and Critical Legal Thought: A Psychopolitical Inquiry and Argument
- The Pending Crisis in Employer-Provided Health Benefits for Retirees: Are Tax Breaks for Employers the Answer
- Girls Lean Back Everywhere: The Law of Obscenity and the Assault on Genius