Case brief re: NY appeals court case on paternity visiting rights for same-sex couple.
- Protecting the Mentally Retarded from Capital Punishment: State Efforts Since Penry and Recommendations for the Future
- What's Gender Got to Do with it: The Politics and Morality of an Ethic of Care
- Looking at Pornography through Habermasian Lenses: Affirmative Action for Speech
- Social Construction of Parenthood in One Planned Lesbian Family, The
- Criminalization and Administration of the Homeless: Notes on the Possibilities and Limits of Bureaucratic Engagement, The
- Professionalism in Perspective: Alternative Approaches to Nonlawyer Practice
- Contingent Workers in a Changing Economy: Endure, Adapt, or Organize
- It's Nothing Personal--But Should It Be: Finding Agent Liability for Violations of the Federal Employment Discrimination Statutes
In Depth Reading
Volume 22 Issue 1
Builds a theory of free speech around pornography using Habermas.
Argues against capital punishment for the "mentally retarded" by presenting opportunities for states to pass legislation working around SCOTUS decision.
Review of Moral Boundaries: A Political Argument for an Ethic of Care; asks whether gender and care can be separated.
Volume 22 Issue 2
Advocates for nonjudgmental view of pregnant substance users, with focus on cocaine; promotes comprehensive drug treatment, prevention, and support programs
Argues for a strengths/needs-based system to family services to facilitate family preservation rather than removal of children in instances of maltreatment.
Examines subsidized guardianship as alternative goal to adoption for children in foster care, looking at ten states' programs; analysis of law of guardianship
Examines psychological parent theory; argues child welfare planning should abandon sole focus on primary bond and acknowledge full network of kin attachments
Volume 22 Issue 3
Exploration of bar debates over nonlawyer practice and ABA Commission findings;addresses public interest nonlawyer practice and alternative regulatory framework
Discussion of public response to and criminalization of homelessness and role discretion plays in legal regime; advocates alternative framework of engagement
Exploration of the trend of contingent workers and its implications for employment and labor law; advocates new methods of organization and collective action
Makes argument that the ADA, Title VII, and the ADA require individual agent liability of employers' agents as matter of statutory objective and public policy.
Volume 22 Issue 4
Examines economic development work of Community Development Corporations (CDCs) focusing on job creation and delivery of commercial services
Keynote address by the Secretary of HUD on the possibility of community-based efforts to achieve economic justice and the role that HUD plays in that process
Reviews book by Robert Halpern on inner city economic development and offers alternative framework to consider the community economic development movement.
Reviews debate around housing abandonment and NYC's POMP and NEP programs; analyzes reliance on for-profit landlords as solution to housing abandonment