Morgan writes to inspire feminists to do everything they can to keep women's issues, which are humanity's issues, on the table, urging them not to despair if they feel they lack leadership, as the motion of the feminist movement reflects
Pro-family strengths/needs-based services capitalize on family strengths, preserve the children's attachments to their families, and address needs that, if unmet, put children at risk.
Argues that the child welfare system harms, rather than helps, marginalized families.
The goal of permanency planning is to provide a child with a secure relationship consistent with the child's best interests. Guardianship is certainly a more secure relationship than ordinary custody.
The symbolic benefits conferred on foster children through adoption have been purchased at a very considerable price and have obscured the very real benefits conferred on both the state and adult adoptive par-ents.
The medical, legal, and social systems must continue to develop innovative programs andto resist viewing the pregnant substance abuser as a criminal.
Termination of parental rights will sometimes be constructive, but will more often be irrelevant or detrimental.
Each case has relevant unique characteristics, and it is important that expert examiners approach each case with an appreciation for the unique considerations of the case rather than a theoretical perspective that limits the focus of the examination.
Other Issues in this Volume
- What's Gender Got to Do with it: The Politics and Morality of an Ethic of Care
- This Child Does Have Two Mothers... And a Sperm Donor with Visitation
- Brief Amicus Curiae Of The National Center For Lesbian Rights; Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund; Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders; Center Kids; and Gay and Lesbian Parents Coalition International in Support of Respondent-Appellee
- Looking at Pornography through Habermasian Lenses: Affirmative Action for Speech
- The Criminalization and Administration of the Homeless: Notes on the Possibilities and Limits of Bureaucratic Engagement
- Contingent Workers in a Changing Economy: Endure, Adapt, or Organize
- Professionalism in Perspective: Alternative Approaches to Nonlawyer Practice
- It's Nothing Personal--But Should It Be: Finding Agent Liability for Violations of the Federal Employment Discrimination Statutes
- Community-Based Efforts to Achieve Economic Justice
- Introduction: Community-Based Efforts to Achieve Economic Justice
- Assessing the Role of Community Development Corporations in Inner City Economic Development
- Rebuilding the Inner City: A History of Neighborhood Initiatives to Address Poverty in the United States