However, the enormous gap between CEDAW's (the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women Treaty) vision and the current constitutional reality in the United States underscores why it is so important to take CEDAW ratification seriously
As a society, we can have a greater appreciation of the need for resources and services that help individuals deal with reproductive issues if we consider the abortion decision in a holistic context, closely related to all other aspects of
My goal here is the more modest one of trying to delineate when the State, in the specific context of laws and regulations related to sexual orientation and intimate relationships, may appropriately- by which I mean both constitutionally and as
Carhart offers a myriad of lessons about the role of courts in democracy, the evocative power of constitutional claims, the relevance of texts and precedents to constitutional judgments, the effects of national and transnational movements, and the autonomy of women,
McCorvey revealed a central feature of the anti-choice strategy: the claim that abortion harms women. To combat this, we need to think less like lawyers.
In the pursuit of sexual justice for women, protections for lesbians and abortions are nonnegotiable.
Defining pregnancy and abortion as medical issues does not concede one shred of the privacy or decision-making arguments supporting a right to abortion; it simply helps to explain, more accurately, exactly what is at stake in a woman's decision to
In this article, I argue that, because reproductive cloning may offer the LGBTI community the chance to have genetically-related children, bans on federally funded research that would help refine and ensure the safety and efficacy of these procedures unconstitutionally deny
Other Issues in this Volume
- Juvenile Life without Parole: An Antidote to Congress's One-Way Criminal Law Ratchet
- Climate-Induced Community Relocations: Creating an Adaptive Governance Framework Based in Human Rights Doctrine
- Inadequate Discipline: Challenging Zero Tolerance Policies as Violating State Constitution Education Clauses
- Introduction - Symposium Issue: Money, Politics, and the Constitution: Citizens United
- Citizens United and Equality Forgotten
- Felix Frankfurter's Revenge: An Accidental Democracy Built by Judges
- Nonparticipatory Association and Compelled Political Speech: Consent as a Constitutional Principle in the Wake of Citizens United