These articles reveal Citizens United's silver lining: Even though many of us vehemently object to its logic and holding, Citizens United has forced a new phase in our country's continuous march to improve our democracy. This volume represents the first
19th Cenutury corruption law and thinking about money and policites after Citizens United
Citizens United is thus an important case in the jurisprudence of association. Members and shareholders will now find that the money they contributed to, or invested in, an organization is being used to finance political speech with which they may
Some rights should be understood to include a penumbral right to give or spend money.
When Bush v. Gore and Citizens United are viewed through a democracy-sensitive lens, they emerge as judicially-imposed democratic disasters.
An analysis of "electoral exceptionalism" and First Amendment review in the context of the electoral process
Citizens United is simply the culmination of the Court's narrow view of campaign finance, elevating individual speech rights and extending them to corporation sand unions at the expense of the broad, egalitarian conception of the American republic.
Other Issues in this Volume
- Is the Right to Health a Necessary Precondition for Gender Equality
- The Production and Reproduction of Constitutional Norms
- U.S. Ratification of CEDAW: An Opportunity to Radically Reframe the Right to Equality Accorded Women under the U.S. Constitution
- Cloning and the LGBTI Family: Cautious Optimism
- Climate-Induced Community Relocations: Creating an Adaptive Governance Framework Based in Human Rights Doctrine
- Inadequate Discipline: Challenging Zero Tolerance Policies as Violating State Constitution Education Clauses
- Juvenile Life without Parole: An Antidote to Congress's One-Way Criminal Law Ratchet