Model legislation drafted by the American Legislative Exchange Council would effectively repeal the private enforcement of state consumer protection statutes.
Voting rights advocates should explore section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act as a vehicle to combat voter intimidation.
Currently, the tax code disincentivizes dual income marriages. Congress should create a secondary earner tax deduction to reduce the tax code's gender bias.
DOJ guidance for mentally impaired detainees in immigration removal proceedings should be amended to provide counsel at earlier signs of incompetence.
Other Issues in this Volume
- From Jack to Jill: Gender Expression as Protected Speech in the Modern Schoolhouse
- Encouraging Maternal Sacrifice: How Regulations Governing the Consumption of Pharmaceuticals during pregnancy Prioritize Fetal Safety over Maternal Health and Autonomy
- Judging Remorse
- Judicial Fact-Finding in the Wake of Alleyne
- North Carolina's Failure to Perform Comparative Proportionality Review: Violating the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments by Allowing the Arbitrary and Discriminatory Application of the Death Penalty
- Searching for Optimal Governance on the Nonprofit Board: Dynamic Resource Constraints and a Rejection of Board Bifurcation
- From the Picket Line to the Courtroom: A Labor Organizing Privilege to Protect Workers
- The Breach of the Common Law Trust Relationship between the United States and African Americans: A Substantive Right to Reparations