VRA has been subject to narrowing through recent Supreme Court cases, but certain provsiion of the Act are within Constitutional bounds .
- Why the Preclearance and Bailout Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Are Still a Constitutionally Proportional Remedy
- Litigating for Treatment: The Use of State Laws and Constitutions in Obtaining Treatment Rights for Individuals with Mental Illness
- Evaluating the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA)
- Poisoned Field: Farmworkers, Pesticide Exposure, and Tort Recovery in an Era of Regulatory Failure, A
- Toward Safer Fields: Using AWPA's Working Arrangement Provisions to Enforce Health and Safety Regulations Designed to Protect Farmworkers
- Low Pay, High Risk: State Models for Advancing Immigrant Workers' Rights
- Building Power among Low-Wage Immigrant Workers: Some Legal Considerations for Organizing Structures and Strategies
In Depth Reading
Volume 28 Issue 1
A report advocating for upholding of the BCRA; focuses on banning soft money donations and issue advocacy.
Article exploring turning to state laws to obtain treatment rights for the mentally ill; focuses on the right-to-treatment movement.
Volume 28 Issue 2
liberal constitutional theory and conservative constitutional theory and the newly developing experimental constitutionalism
Collective action by courts, legislatures, administrative agencies and citizens; accountability and adequacy; Kentucky and Texas; race to the top
economics effect on school reform; incentive based reform; a look at Boston Public Schools
combination of top-down, bottom-up approaches; standardized measures; NCLB is the reflection of these concepts; judicial role in reform
Volume 28 Issues 3 & 4
Description of the harms and dangers to farmworkers because of the underenforcement of EPA and OSHA and why to support the AWPA's private right of action.
Overview of the failed administrative regulation of pesticides and resulting tort actions
Immigrants face long hours, low pay, poor working conditions, and deportation threat. Evidence of immigration enforcement involvement in labor disputes in NYC
An overview of the type of work that immigrants do and It's dangers looking at state and federal protections of these workers.