VRA has been subject to narrowing through recent Supreme Court cases, but certain provsiion of the Act are within Constitutional bounds .
- Evaluating the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA)
- Why the Preclearance and Bailout Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Are Still a Constitutionally Proportional Remedy
- Litigating for Treatment: The Use of State Laws and Constitutions in Obtaining Treatment Rights for Individuals with Mental Illness
- Results or Retrenchment: The Real Race in American Educational Reform
- School Reform outside Laboratory Conditions
- Crisis, Community, and Courts in Network Governance: A Response to Liebman and Sabel's Approach to Reform of Public Education
- Brown Is Not Brown and Educational Reform Is Not Reform If Integration Is Not a Goal
- A Poisoned Field: Farmworkers, Pesticide Exposure, and Tort Recovery in an Era of Regulatory Failure
- The Inter-American Court of Human Rights Defines Unauthorized Migrant Workers' Rights for the Hemisphere: A Comment on Advisory Opinion 18
- Low Pay, High Risk: State Models for Advancing Immigrant Workers' Rights
- Building Power among Low-Wage Immigrant Workers: Some Legal Considerations for Organizing Structures and Strategies
In Depth Reading
Volume 28 Issue 1
Article exploring turning to state laws to obtain treatment rights for the mentally ill; focuses on the right-to-treatment movement.
A report advocating for upholding of the BCRA; focuses on banning soft money donations and issue advocacy.
Volume 28 Issue 2
school reform as democratic experimentalism; local solutions; need for more community dialogue, practical problems, and normative debate
accountability reforms; standards and regular assessment of student performance; critique of NCLB teaching to the test and whether this is positive or negative
nationwide systemic school reform; obstacles to school reform;
economics effect on school reform; incentive based reform; a look at Boston Public Schools
Volume 28 Issues 3 & 4
increased restrictions on the legal rights of undocumented workers; need for collective action; workers centers, unions, and alternative models
An overview of the type of work that immigrants do and It's dangers looking at state and federal protections of these workers.
Comentary on Adisory Opinion 18 and the benefit it serves to immigrants both in the US and abroad
Overview of the failed administrative regulation of pesticides and resulting tort actions