States have imposed an unprecedented number of abortion restrictions in recent years. These restrictions include pre-viability bans on abortion, “informed consent” procedures, mandatory waiting periods, and even mandatory ultrasounds.
This article presents a new lens through which lawyers and law students can engage with the ever-growing field of mindfulness and contemplative law practice. Since the early 2000s, mindfulness has moved from the margins to the center, gaining momentum across
In the twenty-first century, discrimination has become increasingly subliminal, unconscious, and structural. Yet the legal framework for addressing discrimination has ignored this shift, remaining focused on intentional discrimination and reliant on ex post enforcement.
States’ right to regulate marriage is generally accepted without question. While many have challenged particular restrictions related to who may legally marry, few have questioned whether the state should have any role in regulating the marital relationship. But state regulation
Other Issues in this Volume
- Harvey Milk and Judicial Review: The End of Rational Basis with Bite, and LGBT Schools, Too?
- The Debtors’ Prison Scheme: Yet Another Bar in The Birdcage of Mass Incarceration of Communities of Color
- Do Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures in the Context of Democracy? Michigan’s Emergency Manager Law & the Voting Rights Act
- Reopening Ferguson and Rethinking Civil Rights Prosecutions
- Reasonably Suspicious Algorithms: Predictive Policing at the United States Border
- Addressing Cultural Bias in the Legal Profession
- “We Can't Tolerate that Behavior in this School!”: The Consequences of Excluding Children with Behavioral Health Conditions and the Limits of the Law
- Parents not Parens: Parental Rights versus the State in the Pre-Trial Detention of Youth
- The Equal Right to Parent: Protecting the Rights of Gay and Lesbian, Poor, and Unmarried Parents
- Child Welfare's Scarlet Letter: How A Prior Termination Of Parental Rights Can Permanently Brand A Parent As Unfit
- Foreword to Volume 41, Issue 4
- The Strange Life of Stanley v. Illinois: A Case Study in Parent Representation and Law Reform