Exploration of evolution of defense clinic from individual representation model to combined advocacy approach in light of zero-tolerance policing.
Examination of the Sixth Amendment right to counsel as providing a collective - rather than individual - right, which may provide a check on executive power.
Language access advocacy through administrative procedures as a case study in the efficacy of civil rights enforcement in the absence of judicial review.
Discussion of problems and potential remedies to inconsistent criminal prosecution at state level.
Other Issues in this Volume
- Out of Sight, out of Legal Recourse: Interpreting and Revising Title VII to Prohibit Workplace Segregation Based on Religion
- Birthright Justice: The Attack on Birthright Citizenship and Immigrant Women of Color
- Citizens United and the Paradox of Corporate Speech: From Freedom of Association to Freedom of the Association
- In Remembrance of Professor Derrick Bell
- Celebrating the Silver Anniversary of the New York State Judicial Committee on Women in the Courts
- Taking Stock: Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the New York State Judicial Committee on Women in the Courts
- Gender Bias Analysis Version 2.0: Shifting the Focus to Outcomes and Legitimacy
- (In)Visibility of Motherhood in Family Court Proceedings, The