Analysis of the racial bias of the death penalty andr access to post-conviction appellate review for death-row prisoners.
- Challenging the Death Penalty: Foreword
- Prosecutors' Closing Arguments at the Penalty Trial
- Suspending Justice: The Unconstitutionality of the Proposed Six-Month Time Limit on the Filing of Habeas Corpus Petitions by State Death Row Inmates
- Chiropractor as Brain Surgeon: Defense Lawyering in Capital Cases, The
- Ambivalence in State Capital Punishment Policy: An Empirical Sounding
- Role and Consequences of the Death Penalty in American Politics, The
- Is Racism Irrelevant--Or Should the Fairness in Death Sentencing Act Be Enacted to Substantially Diminish Racial Discrimination in Capital Sentencing
- Execution of the Innocent: The Tragedy of the Hauptmann-Lindbergh and Bigelow Cases, The
- Woman behind the Blindfold: Toward a Feminist Reconstruction of Rawls' Theory of Justice, The
- Family Like any Other Family: Alternative Methods of Defining Family in Law, A
- Mending the Safety Net's Safety Net: The Federal Courts Study Committee's Proposals for Reforming the Social Security Disability Benefits Review Process
- Classical Nostalgia: Racism, Contract Ideology, and Formalist Legal Reasoning in Patterson v. McLean Credit Union
In Depth Reading
Volume 18 Issue 1
Argues that protections erected by the Supreme Court shielding the press from defamation actions should be imported to the contract setting.
Introduction to the Articles in this issue, pertaining to a wide vareity of civil liberties and rights the Court will address in its upcoming term and beyond.
Examination of increasing challenges to affirmative action in the context of an increasingly conservative judiciary.
Volume 18 Issue 2
Examination of inadequacy of state and federal level checks on preventing factual inaccuracies resulting in wrongful executions.
Discussion regarding the inadequacy of counsel provided to defendants i capital cases.
Discussion of the Teague v. Lane's new rule on retroactivity in criminal cases and its effect on past criminal cases.
Exploration of reasons for and possible explanations regarding the growing public support for the death penalty
Volume 18 Issue 3
Effects of implementing FIDSA and how it can be used to combat racism in death sentencing cases.
High number of those given death penalty not many executed, reflecting state uncertainty around death penalty; looking at data to support this conclusion.
Data analysis of various habeas procedures and doctrines through looking at habeas cases in SDNY in a three year period.
Impact of Teague's limits on habeas corpus jurisdiction and the Teague nonretroactivity doctrine.
Volume 18 Issue 4
Discussion of the intersection of race and contract theory/contract formalism.
Analyzing the social security review system which is subject to political influences and conflicting law, and suggesting reforms.
Examining Rawls' theory of justice through a feminist lens, and particularly how it fails to deal with sexism in a sexual/marital contract between men & women.
Discussion around the idea of family as kin and more modern conceptions of family and how it has become strongly politicized.